Air 2000 Hunters’ Support service in South Africa can
arrange the following services:
• Air charters
• Firearm storage (conditions of storage apply)
• International and domestic scheduled air tickets
• Temporary import and in transit firearm permits
• Hotel bookings
• Transfers to and from hotels, guest lodges and major airports
• Sightseeing tours
• Shopping trips
• Meet and Greet service for incoming hunters, where you are met off the incoming
aircraft, assisted through the arrival formalities, permit
to hand and ready for a good safari
Rules and Regulations
In line with international trends, South Africa's Firearms Control, Act 2000 has
been implemented in its entirety. Applications for Multiple Import or Export Permits
/ temporary Import of Export Permits / In transit permits for personal use can be
made prior to your arrival in South Africa and be ready and waiting at your airport
To obtain these permits on your behalf we need to clarify in short the following:
1. You can temporarily import a maximum of four firearms per hunter but
not more than one of the same calibre.
2. You may only bring ammunition applicable to the firearms that you
will be carrying.
3. No person under the age of 21 may bring firearms into South Africa
or apply for a temporary import permit in his / her name.
4. The barrel, frame or action is to be marked with the same serial
5. Semi automatic shotguns for bird shooting or a customs made handgun can be bought
into South Africa for hunting purposes only.
6. No self protection firearms allowed.
7. In transit permits are required by any passenger spending the night in South Africa
while in transit to a third country. The same pre-
requisites apply as to obtain the normal temporary import permit. A fee is no
longer payable for this permit as from 28th November 2005.
Click here to go to a page containing a list of all your download documents.
For additional information regarding permits, click here.